[Liquibase-user] New Topic: addDefaultValue generates erroneous sql for MySQL
Liquibase Community Forum
2011-02-03 13:49:11 UTC
A new topic, 'addDefaultValue generates erroneous sql for MySQL', has been made on a board you are watching.

You can see it at
http://liquibase.org/forum/index.php?topic=1061.new#new

The text of the topic is shown below:

Hi,

I tried to execute the following changeSet with liquibase 1.9.5 on MySQL 5.1.32

<addDefaultValue tableName="myTab" columnName="myColumn" defaultValueDate="CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" />

The liquibase update of my database does not work. Liquibase tries to execute the following sql statement:

ALTER TABLE myTab ALTER myColumn SET DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;

The error I get is "You have an error in your SQL syntax."

What could be the problem?

Best regards /Lasse

Regards,
The Liquibase Community Forum Team.