[Liquibase-user] New Topic: sqlFile tag has no relativeToChangelogFile attribute
Liquibase Community Forum
2011-02-02 13:00:14 UTC
A new topic, 'sqlFile tag has no relativeToChangelogFile attribute', has been made on a board you are watching.

You can see it at
http://liquibase.org/forum/index.php?topic=1049.new#new

The text of the topic is shown below:

We have the following change-log setup. We have a master change-log. In this master change-log other change-logs are included with the include tag. The relativeToChangelogFile attribute of the include tag is set to true. Some of these change-logs use the sqlFile tag to include custom sql files.

This change-log setup is (also) used by a database-fill-(Java-)program. This program finds the master change-log on it's class path. It then performs an update on a local database.

In this situation we have experience a problem with the sqlFile tags. The program is not able to find the referenced sql file. We have a work around for this problem. If we use classpath:// in the path the referenced file name can be found. The problem with this workaround is that it invalidates the change-log for command line use, without setting the class path.
We would like to use the same change-log in both situations, without having to change the class path.

So we have the following question. Why does the sqlFile tag does not support relativeToChangelogFile tag?

It seems as do all the necessary code is in place to facilitate this use-case.

Regards,
The Liquibase Community Forum Team.